The Live Entertainment Advanced Development Studio (LEAD) is the think tank within Disney Live Entertainment (DLE) that looks towards the future of live experiences by researching emerging entertainment trends, exploring new technologies, and identifying up-and-coming creative talent and organizations as potential project partners.
The LEAD Creative Producer oversees and inspires the LEAD strategic vision set by DLE leadership. You will collaborate with other creative and production leaders to define projects, identify creative talent both internally and externally, and bring LEAD projects from concept to completion. Additionally, you will develop budgets, schedules, and strategies, focusing on the research and development of “pie in the sky” ideas. This role will also collaborate on preliminary business planning for experiences conceived to be outside of the Disney Parks, Resorts, and Cruise Ships.You will report to VP-Creative & Advanced DevelopmentYou Will
- Support and develop the creative vision and/or direction of a given project or initiative.
- Create and maintain partnerships across all spectrums of an assignment, from the working teams through division executives.
- Create budgets, schedules, process strategies, negotiate contracts, provide clear direction to teams, and communicate project concepts and important information to all levels of leadership.
- Provide guidance to creative and production collaborators.
- Champion for safety, environmental stewardship, inclusion, relevancy, and other corporate programs, driving our results.
- Focus on ideating experiences within or outside of our parks, resorts, and cruise ships, and build initial business strategies and team goals to determine viability of developed concepts.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Varied and successful creation and execution of original theatrical works, immersive experiences, dance, music, or visual arts that appeal to diverse audiences
- Minimum 5 years of experience of team leadership in entertainment show production, theatrical, immersive, or live event production.
- Creative development, presentation (C-Suite on down), and communication
- Demonstrated outstanding creative collaboration skills and an ability to inspire diverse groups and individuals
- Knowledge of creative process and deliverables
- Understanding of theatrical technologies, ( i.e., lighting, special effects, audio, projection, set design and construction)
- Negotiate, organize, and provide direction to complete multiple tasks promptly
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience creating/maintaining of budgets and schedules
- Available and willing to work weekends, holidays, and third shift
- Creative Mind/Outside of the box thinker
- Business planning or theatrical touring leadership, with experience in revenue calculations
- Experience with conflict resolution in team building and collaboration
- Willingness to travel on multiple domestic and international assignments
- Fluency in any other language (Mandarin, French, Japanese, Spanish, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in theater, design, entertainment, or 5+ years equivalent work experience
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.