Mission & Summary:
The Show/Set Designer role is a CAD-based draftsperson that needs to be proficient in AutoCAD and have a basic understanding of design. Have a basic knowledge of the facility, facility integration, and facility impact. This individual needs to read plans, sections, elevations, and details in a drawing package. They must be able to accept and integrate feedback.
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Taking redlined drawings and then transferring the markups & implementing the comments into the drawing package.
- Working with other Show Set, Creative & Art Direction team members.
- Taking hand drawings (from concept sketches up to detail drawings) and translating those into CAD.
- Taking sketches & drawings from Creative & Art Direction team members and expanding on & detailing those to a varying degree.
- Can work on multiple projects and potentially (preferably) in different mediums (CAD, 3d modeling, hand drafting).
- May be responsible for working independently on a project as needed and managing 1-2 other show/set designers.
- Communicates with all Technical disciplines to ensure show integration.
- Coordinate show elements with facility/architecture disciplines, including structural engineering, MEP, and interior design.
- Additional duties as needed
- As a member of the Thinkwell Group, you may be asked to participate in the ongoing development of the department.
- This participation may include:
- Representation of Thinkwell Group at “industry” functions and conventions, including serving on convention panels or as a speaker;
- Representation of Thinkwell Group as a competitor in design competitions;
- Investigation and development of new technologies (or new applications of existing technologies) for use in Thinkwell projects;
- Participation in the creation of “department-specific” marketing material as required;
- Participation in the implementation and management of Thinkwell intern and educational outreach programs.
Education & Experience:
2-5 years of industry or industry-related experience.
Skilled in AutoCAD and Sketchup
Bachelor’s Degree in architecture, design, theater, or related field
Impacting lives through compelling shared experiences.
We craft and deliver powerful, successful experiences that impact people’s lives. We will achieve this by continually building a diverse and inclusive environment of collaboration, innovation, creativity, and respect.
We are a global company, with offices and clients on nearly every continent. Our vision and mission unite us. Our global teams share the values of honesty, intentionality, respect, learning, listening, and collaboration, even as each office puts its unique stamp on these values.