- This event has passed.
Campfires 63 & 64: Curb Experience Enthusiasm
@ 5:55 pm - 7:25 pm
Overly perfectionist or passionate clients can have us all quaking in our boots.
Not to mention that sometimes our own passion can be a blocker. How many times have you struggled to let creative projects go, or broken your own boundaries when it comes to fees, deadlines and scope?
But less is more. Completion is better than perfection. And killing your darlings isn’t just for novelists.
So when passion threatens to get in the way, how can we manage our clients’ – and our own! – expectations to build engaging experiences that we can be proud of?
Themed experience expert Cynthia Vergon may have the answer.
Vergon has worked with some of the most prestigious marketing and design firms in the themed experience industry. She was recently commissioned by experience design firm and lead creative designer Jora Vision to work on Quake, a new immersive experience at Lisbon Earthquake Centre that allows audiences to see, feel and understand the Lisbon Earthquake of 1755 using a blend of narrative and technology.
Based on her experiences, Vergon will tell you how to:
- Work with passionate experts to find the balance between historical “fact” and storytelling
- Navigate working with passionate clients, multiple changes and shifting deadlines
- Manage your own passions to gracefully let go of projects that feel like your baby
To get in the zone, ask yourself:
- Have you ever felt that your passion (or your client’s passion) was getting in the way of a project?
- Is there a moment when a project no longer belongs to you? How do you know when that point is reached?
- Is perfection possible? If not, how can you explain to your client that at some point, completion is better than perfection?
*NB: This event is for WXO Members ONLY. To attend Campfires, click here to apply to join the WXO.*