Purpose: To design a variety of original graphic design pieces for Meow Wolf’s endeavors and projects.
Location: Santa Fe, NM.
Compensation: This is an exempt position. The starting pay for this position is $60,629. Compensation will vary based on experience.
Are you a versatile graphic designer who brings experience designing bespoke graphic design work? Come join Meow Wolf’s Visual Development department as a Graphic Designer, where you’ll create a variety of graphic design pieces including exhibition graphics, print design, marketing campaigns, web and social media content, product packaging, merchandise displays, and more.
Graphic Designers have the skills and experience to complete smaller projects with creative problem solving and minimal guidance. Their work is project based, and will assist Lead Graphic Designers with larger conceptual projects, as well as receive guidance and support from them when needed.
The position will work closely with many departments, collaborate with other staff designers and partner with concept artists. It is crucial for the designer to prioritize tasks on multiple projects, work well under pressure, follow graphics standards, and suggest more ways of improving existing designs and design systems.
You will design stellar graphic design pieces for a variety of Meow Wolf endeavors, thereby contributing to the high-quality work our teams create and execute.
How you will do it…
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics
- Generate ideas to portray concepts and advertise products/services
- Maintain brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
- Communicate with relevant teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Collaborate with a variety of departments as required, including exhibitions, marketing, merchandising, operations, show management, production design, creative direction and fabrication
- Prioritize projects based on importance and urgency of deadline.
- Communicate with relevant teams to ensure deadlines are met.
- Work closely with fellow graphic designers on ideating, concepting and resource sharing.
- Mentor associate graphic designers.
- Participate in the ideation, presentation and execution of assignments, following through on all creative deliverables.
- Be responsible for the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of projects, to ensure that ﬁnal design assets are completed to speciﬁcations.
To be successful in this role…
- You bring 3+ years experience as a graphic designer.
- You preferably come from marketing, film industry, media, or themed entertainment, or interactive museums.
- You come with industry knowledge on materiality and production methods.
- You are well versed working with print and digital formats.
- You bring a balance of design skills and technical skills.
- You come with the ability to create pieces that grab people’s attention but also possess a fabrication/tangible feel to the design.
- You have a broad understanding of and the ability to execute the various types of graphic design.
- You have the ability to stay focused under pressure, including prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- You are able to drive improvement of company graphics standards and be a self-starter.
- You come with a portfolio of professional design work that demonstrates skills and experience in the graphic design field, as well as a keen visual aesthetic.
- You possess an acumen to communicate about design strengths and weaknesses
- You bring a thorough understanding of grid systems and typography.
- You express a natural curiosity for emerging technologies.
Essential tools to set you up for success…
- You must possess an in-depth knowledge of core platforms and programs as they will be utilized on a daily basis:
- Google Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
Work environment and physical demands…
- This position is based in Santa Fe, NM.
- This is a full-time position averaging 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm MT or 10 am to 6 pm MT – occasionally requiring flexibility to work during evenings or weekends based on business needs.
- All employees will comply with company and OSHA standard workplace safety protocols. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We will teach you the Meow Wolf way by…
- Taking a deep dive into departmental inner workings and reviewing project goals.
- Exploring Meow Wolf Origins.
- Attending Meow Wolf’s Immersiversity
- Reviewing Meow Wolf’s purpose and corporate policies and training.
- Forward thinking and creative in your approach to problem solving with the ability to identify process improvement opportunities?
- Experienced in managing processes or projects and driving change through positive influence?
- Adept at learning new platforms?
- Highly organized with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks while demonstrating excellent time management?
- Able to exhibit professional judgment and decision-making skills?
- Self-motivated, self-managing, adaptable to changing needs and taking on new tasks, and receptive to receiving direction?
- Patient with yourself and with others, and able to work collaboratively and thoughtfully with fellow human beings?
- Able to contribute to the overall happiness and health of the team and help keep the vibe alive?
If you answered ‘YES’ to all of the above, then what are you waiting for? APPLY MEOW!
JOIN MEOW WOLF
The organization is comprised of individuals who inspire creativity in people’s lives through art and exploration, so that our combined imaginations can transform the world we live in. Every role is a vital component and thereby essential in creating exhibitions that will serve as anchors, borne in deep radical collaboration with local artists and communities, thus fueling our social impact initiatives. Each hire allows us to enhance our surrounding communities and the true source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality.
Meow Wolf is committed to our DIY roots and grassroots community support principles. To document that commitment, we converted our legal designation into a Delaware Public Benefit Corporation and have certified as a B Corporation. As a B Corp, we have a triple bottom line of supporting financial, social and environmental wellbeing in our community.
Our four areas of impact are:
- Respect for Creative Communities
- Respect for Collaborating Artists
- Respect for our Environment
- Respect for our Employees
The choices we make concerning our benefits during enrollment periods are among the most important we select for ourselves and our families. As part of the total compensation package for full-time employees, Meow Wolf offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes various options to meet individual healthcare and financial needs along with many perks.
- Medical Insurance options: PPO & HSA
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance Policy & Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Short-term Disability & Critical Illness Policies
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Leave for 12 weeks
- Discount off Meow Wolf Gift Shop Merch
- Admission to Meow Wolf attractions for employees and guests
- 401k Retirement Plan
- And more benefits specific to the location of the role
Please visit www.meowwolf.com/careers for more information.