The Four Pillars - How We Will Achieve our Mission
- We've listened to people from around the world and across the Experience Economy.
- Based on what they've told us, we believe the WXO is most likely to be useful and fulfil its mission by delivering four key pillars.
- The four pillars are the four Cs of Content, Community, Commerce, and Champion.
- While the four pillars may appear set in stone, they're not. They're works in progress. We'll update them over time.
- While it's useful to think of the four pillars as separate, they're not. They intertwine and support each other.
Pillar 1 - Content
- We will be the ultimate sharing space for ideas, information and insights that help experience creators design, build and deliver show-stopping, life-affirming, better experiences.
- We will showcase frameworks, tools, methods from different experience economy sectors, and talk about what they might mean for, and how they might inform/inspire, other sectors.
- We will shine a spotlight on exceptional experience design, and showcase innovations and case studies that inspire and inform.
- We will highlight education and training. In time, we will develop our own.
Pillar 2 - Community
- We will connect experience designers, within and cross-sectors.
- We will be the ultimate 'campfire' / forum for Experience Economy experts to share their thoughts and challenges, to challenge each other, and reach out for help by asking questions of each other.
- We will enable and encourage community through WXO Membership, live events (virtual & real world; monthly, quarterly, annual gathering), opinion pieces (especially when our members have radical / controversial views; we will encourage other members to reply publicly to foster debate.)
- We will have a lot of fun too. (We think getting a bunch of whip smart, slightly crazy, super interesting, radically innovative, misfit, maverick, experimental experience designers together = the perfect recipe for a lot of brilliant conversations and good times 🙂
- We will connect people across the Experience Economy, creating local Experience Economy Ecosystems, and a global Experience Economy Ecosystem.
- Through the Experience Expertise Black Book, we'll connect those looking for exceptional experience design, with exceptional experience designers.
- Through the Jobs, Roles & Players Black Book, we'll connect those looking for talent/opportunities, with the talent/opportunities.
- Through the X Startups Black Book, we'll connect the startup creators building experiences who are looking for finance or business support, with finance and business support.
Pillar 3 - Commerce
- The WXO Black Books will not only create community, they will generate business. By doing so, we will be the marketplace for organizations to find and hire the best-in-breed experience creators
- WXO Certification: we will create a rating and ranking system for experiences. Inspired by rating systems for industries such as restaurants, hotels, and wines - we will create standards for the Experience Economy, and a rating system that supports better experiences. This will act as Quality Assurance for consumers. It will make it easier for them to spend time and money in the Experience Economy. We believe it will increase the 'share of wallet' that goes into the Experience Economy, and therefore grow the Experience Economy.
- WXO Accreditation: in order to build trust in, and spend with, Experience Economy practitioners, we will support the existing Experience Economy training & accreditation systems. In the future, we will also seek to develop a WXO Accreditation system.
Pillar 4 - Champion
- WXO Awards: to keep the Experience Economy tip of tongue and top of mind (and build/ strengthen the community) we will host annuals awards.
- WXO CIA Awards: to help those in the Experience Economy affected by Covid-19, we will run our inaugural awards in Q1 2021. The Covid Innovation Awards will highlight the incredible tenacity and creativity in the Experience Economy - and point the way to the future of the Experience Economy.
- The WXO will seek to be the Experience Economy's voice, to speak for and lobby for the critical importance of the Experience Economy, in all its forms, for the success of capitalism in the 21st century. (We note the Experience Economy's inspiring capacity to leverage innovation and deliver jobs.)
- Quality of Life: We will always keep people, and their experience(s) of life front of mind. We believe the WXO has a unique opportunity to evolve society so that more people become experientialists enjoying ever better experiences.
- Questions? Comments? We'd love to hear. Please get in touch via our Contact Page.