Come back soon. This user will update their profile presently.
Experience evangelist, strategist, designer, researcher, trend forecaster, author, and CEO of the World Experience Organization
A globally recognized experience expert, I’m obsessed with experiences & the Experience Economy.
A cultural analyst and trend forecaster, I believe the shift from materialism to experientialism is one of the most pivotal socio-cultural trends of our era.
I'm the author of two (bestselling) books on the Experience Economy:
1. Stuffocation (self-published 2013; Penguin, 2015)
- Reported by 150+ media worldwide
- Introduced the concept of 'experientialism'
2. Time And How To Spend It (Penguin, 2019)
- The Financial Times named this a Book Of The Year
- Contains an evidence-based 7-rule framework for designing experiences
I've devised a trip for New Scientist Discovery Tours that will run in Morroco in September 2022. https://www.newscientist.com/tours/morocco-science-your-time/
I've advised and am involved with many experience organizations:
- the world's first government department for the Experience Economy. For the UK's Department for International Trade, I'm 'Sector Specialist, Experience Economy'.
- I'm on the Executive Committee of the Experience Research Society (Expresso).
- I give keynotes & workshops on experiences & advise firms on experiences.
- ABTA, Accor, Avis, Barclays, Black Tomato, Disneyland Paris, HSBC, Kayak, KFC, KPMG, Kuoni, National Portrait Gallery, Nestle, Nomura, Ogilvy, Travelzoo, VISA, Vodafone
- Ambassador for eco charity Global Action Plan.
- Advisory board member for Carbon 13, a Cambridge, UK-based venture builder for the climate emergency created by the Cambridge Judge Busines School's Chris Coleridge (Chris ran the business course I took at Cambridge prior to forming the WXO)
- Advisor to the Transformational Travel Council
I've been a trends forecaster since 2004, via my strategic advisory firm The Future Is Here.
As a keynote speaker, I've given talks from Manchester to Mountain View, Shanghai, Cannes at venues inc TEDxLSE, TEDxManchester, Google HQ, 10 Downing Street, ILTM, ABTA.